Sunday, April 20, 2008

Job-Hunting Online

As graduation looms, I know many of us are attempting the ever-so-grown up task of looking for full-time employment. Don't get me wrong, I am really excited about working, I really can't wait to work a million hours a week (I'm a freak, what can I say), but looking for jobs, not so much my favorite task.

Alas, I persevere. A friend in the entertainment industry turned me on to Cynopsis, a self-described free-trade publication written by Cynthia Turner, sent out daily to subscribers and available online. Now, some of the actual memo content is a bit over my head sometimes, but there is a handy-dandy classifieds section that lists all the media jobs becoming available. Sure, it doesn't list all, and some companies insist on hiring internally, or through their own website, but its a pretty good resource for media jobs, if that's your thing.

So, good luck to those of us embarking on the big-kid world. I think we'll be OK. Of course, this is the optimism of someone still in school. Talk to me in a few weeks, when my health insurance drops me and I'm eating Top Ramen everyday. Fun Times.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

eesh graduation, big deal eh? I'm not too worried about finding a job, because there are things like this in the world. more and more it seems that the job world is re-locating itself online so it should be easy to start paying back those loans in no time, right?

Anonymous said...

I have found that one of the best places to find jobs is online. I have found many great jobs and two great internships through online sites. Good luck with the hunt!

nicridge said...

Well I have to say that this is a pretty handy piece of information. I look forward to using this site in my continuous search for my dream job.